Pregnant. Craving for chalk. Does eating chalk affect baby?

I am certainly near my due to having my baby! And my cravings for chalk has gotten more intense. The kind of chalk i nibble on is the fat cylinder color ones made for drawing on the sidewalk. Does eating on this kind of chalk effects the baby in any way? The pieces i eat on are probably a little less shorter than half of a pionter finger .
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Funny, I had an OB patient once who had the EXACT same craving for that specific type of chalk! The amount that you are ingesting is likely of no harm, but probably reflects a mineral deficiency. Keep taking your prenatal vitamin and perhaps an extra iron tablet. This will help. Good luck!

I hope this helps. Please ask using the Premium service if you would like more detail and a faster answer!!