Pregnant. Bleeding, passing clots, low placenta. Is it a critical issue?

Hi, My wife is in 23rd week of pregnancy. Since last Wednesday night, she has been bleeding and passing clots. She was rushed to emergency and the doctors put her under observation. The baby is doing fine. My wife seems to have a lower placenta . The clotting stopped Friday, and the bleeding stopped Saturday. She would see some blood when she d wipe after using the bathroom. The bleeding stopped completely Sunday and we came home Monday. Today morning (Tuesday), she again started to bleed and pass clots. The Drs. have told her to take rest and said that they can only do is to monitor the situation. Anything that we should be concerned about now? Please advice.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012