Pregnant 32 weeks, transverse position of baby, Duphaston okay ?

Hi, I am 32 weeks pregnant. My baby is in a transverse position and my doctor has asked me to take Duphaston 1 tab a day for 10 days. Is this ok? I have been reading up on the internet and am confused now. Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Feb 2012
Hi neshanthbadami, welcome to health care magic forum. actually there is no medicine to correct the transverse position of the intra uterine baby, upto 28 weeks the baby may change the position by it self, at 32 weeks also there is chance of change of position upto some extent.
Duphastan is given to have comfert of pregnancy, position, and ease the baby for changing the position, we can conseder it to be a placibo, because if you are confedent that it will change, then only you will have a relaxed womb, and change of position is possible.If it doesn't change also you need not worry, you can have a beautiful baby.
Besides i advise you to follow some diet recommendations as avoid taking spices, chillies, junk foods,and oily foods, as these may cause gastric irritation and secondaryly womb contraction.
Wishing to have a beautiful baby and thanks for calling.