Pregnant. Sonography shows small baby size. Can I take duphaston?

Hi, I am seven weeks pregnant and on my first visit to the Doctor, I was informed after sonography that the size of the baby is small because of late formation. I have been prescribed duphaston 10 mg tablets twice daily. I took the tablets for 4 days but recently I checked on the internet and found that the duphaston is banned in USA and UK. Is it safe to take duphaston in pregnancy? I want to discontine use of duphaston but is it ok to abruptly discontinue the use of duphaston. I have been taking duphaston for the last four days.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012