Pregnancy test negative. Got delayed periods. Feels weak, getting periods pain, missing periods. Concerned

hello Dr my girlfriend was 5 days late last month (feb 2012) she took 2 pregnacy test on the 4th of feb 2012 and they both turned out negative, she started her regulular period the next day 5th of feb it was for the full week, she said it was a bit brown but this isnt the 1st time it has been like that, its now march the 7th 2012 and she has got period pains but her period hasnt started yet, we are both confused please help!
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

If the period is delayed this month then she may want to repeat the pregnancy tests.
Pregnancy tests are accurate at determining pregnancy if done at least 11 to 14 days after probable conception. Her tests may have indicated she did not conceive last month but she would need another to determine if she conceived since they were taken.

If you and your partner are not currently trying to conceive then you should consider the use of some form of contraception.

I hope this helps