Pregnancy. Typhoid positive. Lost previous premature baby due to BP. Is typhoid harm to the baby?

hi doc my wife has just been tested positive for typhoid and she is 8 weeks pregnant. she is 35 and is 62 kgs at present. In the month of february she had a premature delivery just after the completion of 7 months. Actually her blood pressure has shot up and she had to be admitted to a nursing home but due to poor medical service in Virar (west), Thane, Maharashtra the docs couldnt control her pressure even after a day and she had to be shifted to mumbai where the docs decided to operate on her after a day after bring the blood pressure under control. But unfortunately our baby boy who was born on Feb 15 died on Feb 17 though there were NICU facilities in the nursing home. It happened due to some complications like internal bleeding . Pls advice me now as to what to do concerning her diet and what precautions to take and pls tell me whether typhoid will not cause any harm to the baby?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012