Plucked hair from eyebrows, unable to grow them back. How to get thicker eyebrows?

I am a teenager, and when I was very young (4th or 5th grade about) I for some reason constantly plucked hairs out of my eyebrow. I of course stopped eventually (before 6th grade) when I realized that it looked terrible, and I have been trying to grow them out ever since. (3.5 years). Theres been a lot of improvement but I still dont feel comfortable leaving the house without filling them in. Is there any way to help them become thicker and darker? Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
The no. of follicles and texture may not be changed much..
There must have been a damage to the roots..
You can try applying some oil and massage in the direction of growth.
This may help you a little..
Take care..