Planning for a vacation, monthly periods are due. How can the periods be postphoned for ten days with pills, is regesterone ok?

We are planning to go for a vacation from 20th march and my wife s monthly periods are due on 24th march,so please advice us that can we delay the monthly periods for 10 days with help of pills if yes please suggest that Regestrone is ok for this problem
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,

She may take regesterone twice daily beginning from 22nd for 10 days. Periods will come in the next seven days after stopping regesterone.

Happy holidays.

Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist