Pituitary tumour, high prolactin level, vaginal dryness, pain during sex, bleeding, increased urination, Atrophic Vaginitis?

I have a ptiuitary tumor causing high prolactin levels. I am being treated with Cabergaline. I am 25 and experiencing vaginal dryness , pain during sex, blood discharge, alongwith white/yellow discharge. I also have urinary frequency, sometimes with pain and pressure in my pelvic and private region. Is it possible I have Atrophic Vaginitis?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012

At your age of 25 years, it is unusual to see Atrophic Vaginitis. We need to look for more specific causes in you like an acute urinary tract infection, PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease), cervicitis or other forms of vaginitis like bacterial vaiginitis, fungal vaginitis and Chlamydial vaginitis.

The following investigations are very helpful to find out the exact cause:

1. Vaginal swab culture

2. Urine routine and culture

3. PAP smear

These symptoms cannot be neglected as they indicate an underlying pathology.

Get well soon.