Persisting hard lump with moderate pain on the tibia post a bang, no pain on standing. Is X-ray required?

25 days ago while breaking firewood by stomping on it, a limb hit my lower right Tibia with pretty good force on the upper inside portion of my leg, about 2 inches below my knee . A large bump developed over the next 24 hours, but with minimal pain and bruising. I assumed that it was a simple hemotoma or contusion that should disappear in a couple of weeks. But still now, the bump persists and is the same size (roughly 3 cm round and 1cm high off the bone ). I would classify the pain while touching (pushing) as mild to moderate, and I feel absolutely no pain while standing or walking. The bump feels fairly hard. Do I really need to go get an xray to diagnose this, or is there any danger in waiting another 2-3 weeks?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012