Persisting cough, asthma. Taking salbutamil and becotide. Symptoms not going. Do I have allergy?

I am in UK. I have this cough started a year ago on and off. I also have asthma , use becotide and salbutamol inhalers. on second course of steroids. started today, took first lot within half an hour I coughed up a lot of clear mucus . chest clear, temp ok, blood o2 sats 98%. but I am coughing until I vomit . all that comes up is clear mucus everyone. I am als constantly clearing my throat. Is this the asthma, do I have an allergy. Sometimes eating dry food or spicey food or just breathing in can trigger a coughing fit too. I am tired, worn out and feel like my GP is not taking this seriously. thank you
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013