Persistent intense throat pain after viral infection treatment, diagnosed as tonsillitis, prescribed Azithral. Suggestion?

Hi, I have been having a sore throat since the last 15 days and had very high fever (104F) for the first 2 -3 days which later subsided. Initially, i thought it was a viral infection and just took paracetamol . But later, the throat ache got worse and reached the ears. Then, I was prescribed Augmentin- 625 mg which I took for 3 days and the sore thoroat got better but the ache reappeared two days later. However, I suspect I am pregnant and hence was prescribed Amox. I took this for 5 days - 500mg twice a day. But again 2 days later, I had throat pain. Then I went to an ENT and he said its just tonsilits and prescribed Azithral - 250 mg, twice a day for 5 days. What should I do now?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012