Persistent cough, done tests for allergy, asthma, gastric reflux. Voice box clear

Hi, I have had what is now called a troublsome cough . After approx 4 years of investigating including tests for allergies, asthma ,gastric reflux ,chest xray , MRI scan ,camera to look at voice box all of which were clear thankfully but that still leaves my annoying and at times embarrassing cough! I can cough just thinking about it which sounds more like a habitual cough but my 2 worst times are starting talking on the telephone and starting a car journey at any time of day whether hot,cold,passenger or driving. please help me find a cure or cause for this cough! Shirley G Yorkshire. ps my doctor s latest suggestion is a visit to a cough clinic in London.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012