Persistent, clear phlegm buildup in the throat. Due to tonsils?

The phlegm gets stuck in my throat and it built up in my throat all the time. I use tissues to get rid of it. It then comes backs in my throat For some reason I cant get rid of it! The phlegm is white and not green. I have tissue beside my bed so it be easy for me to get it out instead going to the toilet all the time and taking it out from there. Also I feel sick and I gag on the phlegm. Its very annoying. Doctor refer me to my consultant and my consultant couldn t figure out why im getting this!! They also checked if I had asthma they checked its not asthma im cleared on that! ive had this phlegm four years from now on! They examine my chest they said its cleared too. Also I had ENT checked it was cleared! This month I went back to my doctor the doctor said it could be reflex So I was given tablets. Im taking them nothing seem to be working! my social life is putting me down in public i cant take phlegm out its in embarrassing Im fed up with this. I do get tonsils. Is it something wrong with the tonsils? do i need to take them out? what is it! PLEASE HEEEEEEEEEEELP!..
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012