Persistent abdominal bloating, pressure and stretching in lower abdomen, burning sensation. What could it be ?

Hi I have had persistent bloating for over 2 months abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound is normal. Last few days bloating has also been coupled with a feeling of pressure and stretching in lower abdomen by ovaries and a mild burning sensation almost a restless legs syndrome type sensation but in my belly. I am not pregnant. I don t understand what this could be?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013

Thank you for the query.

Lower abdominal pain can be caused by urinary tract infection, large intestine disease (inflammatory bowel disease, polyps, cancer), inguinal hernia (if located in the right or left side), abdominal hernia (especially if you have had any surgery before, it can appear in the area where the scar is).
I suggest you to visit your doctor, have physical examination and start with basic tests. Blood work, urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound should be done at first. If no findings, colonoscopy should be considered especially if you have had any constipations, diarrheas or blood in stool.
Abdominal CT might be also necessary.

Hope this will help.