Penis has swelling, irritation and redness. Given steroid cream. How can this be fixed?

Hi. My husband is having problems with his penis . About 4 months ago he went to a urologist for swelling and irritation and redness. They gave him a steroid cream because they said it was irritation of the foreskin . He is uncircumcised and the problem after sex went away. It s back now and it flares up when I just get of my cycle. It s swollen, painful, itches, and red. He can t pull the skin back either. What is it and how can we fix it?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013