Pasty stools, vomiting, cough. On syrup for rehydration. What is wrong?

My baby is four months old and he was born at 32 weeks according to USG and he was 2.33 Kg when he was born. Now, after 4 months, his weight is 6Kg. However, since last three days, he has been having motions ( Stool looks like paste (Not waterish)), also he vomits immediately after taking bottle feed. He is now having cough also. I support he is vomiting because of cough But, he is active. Doctor has given him one syrup for rehydration, one syrup for motions control, antibiotics to conrtol the bacteria. Still, his condition is not improved. I am worried as to whether a baby can have motions for three to four days? Can some one help me with my query?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013