Passing white stitches when having period. Had tubes clamped. Possibility of clamps coming undone?

When My son was born 17 years ago I had clamps put on my tubes they were not burned or cut just clamped is there any chance of the clamps popping off by there self the doctor told me then that the procedure was only guranteed for 10 yrs is it possible they could have come un done and some times when I have a period I pass like what looks like to me white stitches iam 39 and sometimes i entertain the idea of haveing another child but the surgery is so costly and i wonder how possible is it for the clamps to come off on their own?????? Thank You
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012

Welcome to HCM.
Even if we consider that the clips have fallen, there is no guarantee that the tubes are patent.
You need what is called TUBAL PATENCY TEST, WHERE dye is given and checked for patency. This test is not expensive and widely available.
If patent, you can go ahead trying for the next child.
If not patent, unfortunately, a operative procedure is needed,