Palate larger than usual and fallen. By gargle will it come back to its place?

Sunday, I ate some crackers and a piece of the cracker scraped against something in my throat and then next day when I began to swollow, it felt like the food hit something in my throat. I looked into my mouth and it looks like my palate is larger than usual and I think that it has also fallen some. How do you get the palate to life back in place. I was told to gargle with salt water and it would eventually go back in place. What would you recommend.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012