Painless thyroid nodule. Normal TSH, T3 T4 levels. Inconclusive FNAC report. Surgery advised. What to do?

Dear Doctor I have a single thyroid nodule . It is painless. My thyroid TSH T3 and T4 are in normal range. On the advise of physician , i got the US of the nodule. It is solid. FNAC was done , which is inconclusive. The Thyroid scan advise the upper lobe of right thryroid part as Cold .... I donot wish to undergo surgery advised to me . I am asian , male ,61 years old... i am confused... and scared ... can u guide , what to do
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012