Painless lump in the vagina. Should be treated?

I have a lump just inside the vagina , at the opening. It s not on either side, like it would be if it were a gland s directly centered at the opening, on the top. It looks like a small brain and has the texture of a taste bud, & seems to be the same color at the rest of the inner walls of the vagina. It doesn t hurt but it s uncomfortable and about the size of a cherry. What could this be? Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,

There is no need to be concerned.
From the description it is either a wart or a cyst of the vaginal wall. It would be difficult to say without examination. So please get an examination as already it is causing discomfort. If it is a cyst then it may increase in size and increase the discomfort further.

So just get an examination for the diagnosis. Treatment of both the conditions is simple.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist