Painful throat, swollen lymph node, inflammation. Due to strep?

Hello i want to enquire about a sore throat that is causing me some pain. I have what looks to be swollen lymph nodes,when i got a light and focused it to the back of my throat,i could see the leff side was pretty inflamed. There was yellow,white and grey spots at the back,kinda looked bruised a bit and a bit scabby. Kind of looks like it could be Strep throat but im starting to think it might not be now seen as i have had it for 3 weeks and started spittting up red spit now,im guessing the red spit is coming from an agitated throat. I would highly appreciate your input and reply.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013