Painful swelling under armpit. Done tests. Prescribed Isoniazid. Any suggestions?

Hi Doctor, This is regarding my father. He is 56, diabetic. Recently he developed little swelling under armpit which became painful. The swelling was in the lymph nodes. He consulted doctors at Apollo Hospital Indore and after exhaustive series of tests like Ultrasound, FNAC , CT Scan , nothing conclusive could be found. Eventually they prescribed Antibiotic Isoniazid , which seem to have reduced the size of swelling and pain to a great extent. However, on stopping the antibiotic pain started back. Any advise or suggestions on this would be grateful. Thanks, Rakesh
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013