Painful swelling in the rectum after straining. History of hemorrhoids. Lump getting bigger. What to do?

I strained by screaming a week ago, and right after that, my inner left butt chick, under the skin, swelled out, and is really hard, and very painful. I have had a regular hemroid, but its not like that. Its not really swelled in the rectum . Its on the inner left side, runs from rectum, and further out seems to get bigger, about half size of a golf ball. I just seen my genral surgeon 2 wks ago, and he said everything looked ok then. I m 43 yrs old. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012