Painful, stiff and bent little finger after bashing knuckle against cot, slight pain in ring finger. Damaged hand?

I bashed my knuckle on the leg of my sons cot and it bent my little finger towards my palm. I knocked it pretty hard and its still hurting a week later. I've knocked my hand in this way before and the pain has never lasted more than a minute or so. There is no swelling and the finger doesn't point in any weird directions but it does hurt when I bend it in a certain way and when I've left it in a certain position for long periods of time (such as when I sleep. Then on a morning its stiff and painful to move but does ease off after a while) I also have slight pain in the ring finger. I just wondered if I could have damaged my hand in any way?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Sep 2013
Hello.
The bent and painful little finger that you are having could be due to a bone in jury or a tendon injury in the area. Most of the times, a simple strapping of the finger with the next finger helps.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
drtayal72@gmail.com

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.