Hand injury. Pain in index finger, no pain when bending knuckle

This morning I accidentaly closed a door on my hand right below the last knuckle of my index finger (knuckle closest to the thumb). I can move all my fingers fine but when my index finger is bent I can't put any pressure on the end without a significant amount of pain. There is no pain when my hand is idle. Only when trying to do tasks that involve my index finger (think typing on a keyboard). It is a sharp pain and is only on the inside of the hand right below the knuckle. It does not hurt to bend the knuckle.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013