Painful sores along the hairline, benzoyl peroxide, scalp is itchy and flaky, cause ?

I have bumps that have turned to sores along the hairline on the back of my head and neck and a few behind my ears. I thought they were pimples at first and have used benzoyl peroxide but they are not clearing up. My scalp is itchy and flaky, but I don t have sores on my scalp. The sores are painful and have a scab. What could be causing this and what can I do to help them? It looks like acne , but they kind of itch. I don t currently have bumps anywhere else except for that specific area. Even my skin on my face is pretty clear.
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012