Painful lumps in the vagina after childbirth. Need treatment?

Hi, i recently gave birth and the doctor had to cut between my vegina and rectum . I recently noticed several lumps on my vegina and they are a little painful.some lumps are small and other a little bigger . Should I be worry about this ? What is causing these lumps? Is there a treatment for them? Should I seek medical help?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Hello there.

Small lumps in the vagina after delivery could be due to blood collection in the dead spaces which have been created in your vaginal tissue due to tears or cuts.

If the lumps look red or bluish and extremely painful to touch then you should see your doctor immediately. Also if they have been increasing in size then it suggests gradually blood is collecting in them.

The other possibility can be vaginal cysts. These are most commonly caused by imperfect healing of vaginal cuts which occur after child birth.

You need to visit your gynecologist soon.