Painful lump behind ear, pain on touching, no headache or head injury. Causes?

Hi behind the right ear in the middle of the bone behind the ear is a painful bump size is about 1 around. It comes in the morning and goes away as the day progresses but the area stays sensitive through the day. This has been happening for 3 days now. Not sure if this is something to be concerned with or not. No other symptoms no headaches . I never hit my head. I don t know what to do or if I should be worried.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
painful swelling behind the ear can be due to infection .
infection of hair follicle or skin around ear can cause swelling and pain.
take tab paracetomol that will decrease pain and swelling.
if there is fever and headache get examined by doctor and take medication accordingly.