Painful kerotosis on the pressure points on bottom of feet, tried various methods but no help. Treatment ?

My son has painful kerotosis on the pressure points on the bottom of his feet . He has had them scraped, cut out and also used some kind of beetle to eat them out. Nothing has worked. They are like white dots on bottom of his feet and they grow inward. One doctor said it was a virus. Is there some medicine or topical treatment. I believe he has also used creams to soften them before having them scraped. I have seen saline soaks, antibactieal soaps recommended and 40% urea cream. Are they contagious, he is about to have a baby. Are they coming from the outside environment (shower stall) or from the inside of his body, something he may be lacking or some allergy?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012