Painful, hard, non-mobile, lateral lump near the wrist. Have Sjogren's, Fibromyalgia, Hypermobility syndrome, Stage III CKD, had CMC removed in the thumb due to arthritis. What could the lump be?

I have a painful, small (1/4 ), pointed lup on the inner aspect of my radius near my wrist . It is bone hard, non-mobile (i.e. skin slides over it, but it doesn t move), and very painful to pressure. It cannot be mashed down. It seemed to appear overnight , and since this wrist is painful anyway, I might not have noticed as it developed. I have had the CMC removed (base of thumb ) in both of my thumbs several years ago due to arthritis , but this hand did not recover as well. MD feel that this one may be tight , and the wrist pain may be DeQuervain s. This boney lump is scary, and no appt. till next week. I m an old ortho RN, but have no idea what it might be. It s very lateral, and doesn t resemble a ganglion - it seems more like a bone spur or deposit of some kind that just appeared suddenly. I m 53, have Sjogren s, Fibromyalgia, Hypermobility syndrome, Stage III CKD.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012