Painful growth near the rectum, constipation. Surgery ruled out. Further treatment?

Hi, I m 35 year old female from India. Few years back I noticed a small mass protruding out of my rectal area and consulted a gastroenterologist and he told me the inner skin of the rectum has scrapped off n has collected near the anal opening. This situation started to become worse for me when I started to have constipated bowels every now and then. now quite often i need to strain to pass bowels. This has become so painful to me that I am unable to sit at all till I take a pain killer to relieve the pain. The area becomes terribly itchy with sharp needle-like pain. Gastroenterologist advised not to have surgery as the area is sensitive. Please suggest some definitive solution of this problem.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012