Painful bump on hand of 10 year old, applied ichthammol, oozing. Suggestions?

My 10 yr old daughter has a slighty painful bump on her hand with tiny little bumps around it that have just appeared in the last couple days. What could it be?? Her grandpa is a pharmacist and told me to put ichthammol on it. We did and covered it with a bandaid, several hours later it was ozzing a bit. She's had the bigger bump, bug bite possibly for weeks.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013

Thank you for your query.

I appreciate your concern. However it is difficult to say what the lesions are without having a look at them. They can:
1. Bug bite (as you presume)
2. Pustules
3. Allergic reaction
I suggest that you consult your doctor who shall examine the bumps and guide you accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal