Painful bowel movements, blood in stools. Virtual colonoscopy recommended. Other options?

When I have a bowel movement it hurts when it first starts to come out and I have just spot of blood , I was treated with hydrocort supposotories 3 x s a day for 7 days did not hurt while using because stools were really soft I have no hemmerhoids or fissures per dr, she was treating for internal hemmerhoids said I had purple spots in rectum , I eat lots of fruits and veggies I dont feel my bowel movements are hard. She has now recomended a virtual colonoscopy . Would there be any other options??
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012