Painful arms, hot to touch, itchy, radiating to forearms, back, worsened with benadryl, no change in routine. Cause?

My arms started getting red, hot to the touch and itchy a couple days ago (it almost looks like I got vaccinated). Now it has spread from the top of my arms to my forearms and there are little blotches of red al well. My back has been bery itchy too. Ive tried taking a dose of benadryl because I thought it was an allergic reaction to something I ate but that seemed to makie the itching worse. I havent changed any lotions or soaps and I dont believe that I am allergic to anything and I also havent gotten any vacines lately.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012