Pain under the foot. Difficulty in walking. Need to be treated?

About 2 1/2 weeks ago suddenly I got a pain on the bottom part of my foot where my arch is and also on the side of the foot in the same area. At first I could hardly walk on it. But it got better for a day and then it comes and goes. But when it comes it is pretty painful. I noticed it only happens when I were flat shoes or tennis shoes. I started working out with weights twice a week and walk/run on a treadmill 3 to 4 times a week. But I started this about 12 weeks ago. Will it just go away on its own? And do you know what it could be?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013