Pain, swelling, pussy bumps, mucous at the back of throat. Advised due to viral. Opinion?

Hi I am a 32 year old white female. I saw my pcp 12/29 and was prescribed a zpac for a throat infection that he thought was due to a virus. He tested me for strep throat and it came back negative, which really surprised both of us, so that is where he came up with the conclusion that it must be a virus. My symptoms were pain in the back of my throat with swelling . I also had yellow pussy bumps that were visible in the back of my throat ( my tonsils have been removed) The pain has gone away but I still have some bumps that scab over every night, I also experience alot of mucus in the back of my throat. Is this normal?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013