Pain, swelling, cracking in thumb. Hurts to move. What is it?

hi im 12 years old and recently damaged my thumb (yesterday) when it happened i heard a crack sort of sound and then is when the pain started as i was walking to ask a teacher (for ice or to go to the clinic) it was a little bit bent and swollen. as i walked over i was trying to move it i thought it was dislocated, when i was fiddling with it i heard a pop sound and it erupted in pain (it felt like a ball had been that was a little to the side had been popped into its original place. it still hurts when i move it. please tell me what you think it is and if i should go to a doctor about it. much appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012