Pain on pressing membrane connecting lower lip and gum, soreness, micro tears due to accidental injury. Pain management techniques?

For the past few days the part between my lower lip and gum (the membrane that connects the two) has been hurting/bothering me. It hasn t been too bad besides a sore feeling. It felt like it was getting better. However this evening when I was brushing my teeth I accidentally pushed down on my lip and it hurt even worse. Is it possible that I m pulling/putting stress on the membrane and making micro tears that is causing the pain or is it something else? and what can I do to alleviate the pain. Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012