Pain in thigh and back. Scheduled for MRI. Herniated or bulging disc. Suggestion?

Hi I think I may have herniated or have a bulging L4/5 disc. It came on a week after I passed a Les Mills Bodypump Training Module in mid Dec. It has gradually gotten worse with pain down the back of my left thigh. I have been seeing a chiropractor three times a week. dropping down to twice a week. This will provide two days of moderate pain, one day almost no pain followed by a day of much pain. I have just been treated today and feel bad. Chiro said this was a serious injury that will take time to heal. My MRI will be due in mid March so wont to keep going until then. I am a 41 year old female who was at the her peak fitness wise until this happened. I do have a mild scoilios. WIll chiro treatment make my disc/scoliois worse or better? Is it a case of no pain , no gain? With thanks, Vikki
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013