Pain in the wrist and ankle after stopped the use of heroin. Withdrawal symptom?Suffered with DVT and leg ulcer in the past

hi, iam 46 year old women, i was smoking herion for 10 years, been totally clean for 15 l for years, when i used to withdraw (which i did a few times before finally succeeding) i used to suffer really bad wrist n ankle pain, painful enough for me to want to break my wrist, a hot bath solved this problem, while i was init, more recently i have started to experience this pain again while i try and sleep, also if i drink i can sleep for maybe a couple of hours then i wake with this terrible pain in my ankles wrists, n leg, enough for me to want to snap my wrist and punch my leg, and i cannot sleep, for this reason i no longer drink. i have suffered wit DVT , and last year developed a leg ulcer , this has now healed, can u tell me wots going on please.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013