Pain in the vagina, dizziness and nausea after the use of tampons. Reason?

Yesterday I started using tampons. I put in my second one a couple hours before I went to bed. Extreme pains woke me up. I ran to my bathroom feeling dizzy and nauseous. My mother sat with me for about an hour as spasms of pain hit me in the vaginal area. I d already taken out the tampon. Why did this happen? Did I do something wrong?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
If you have used a tampon of the right size, and if it is sterile, it cannot be the cause of the symptoms. The dizziness and nausea are likely to be a consequence of the pain. The cramps are likely to be uterine. Please see your consultant for a proper assessment and further management if they do not subside with simple anti-spasmodic medication. Use of tampons can lead to local infection and hence should be used with caution and also with the precaution not to retain them for longer hours. Hope this helps.