Pain in the tooth after root canal treatment. Have swelling in the gum. What is wrong?

I had root canal treatment one year back.I was feeling pain in that tooth from last three days.i visited dentist,they gave me pain killer and anti biotics for five days.its third day ,i am taking medicine and having releif in pain but some swelling has occured in the gum above that tooth and on the face too.i am also feeling pain when i am pushing that tooth.swelling of gum seems soft and watery when i touch it.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013