Pain in the throat, cough and dry throat. Do I have to go to the emergency?

Hi, I m 24 years old. Last night my boyfriend and I slept with the window open (the window is located at our heads) because it was cool outside. This morning I woke up with a pain in my throat , on my right side. It felt like a physical pain moreso than a sore pain, and when I got a hot shower it felt better. Now it s bothering me again, accompanied by a lot of coughing and a dry throat feeling even though I m drinking plenty of fluids. Is this a sign I m going to be getting sick, or is it something physical that I need to make a trip to the doctor or ER about? I don t want to waste time, money, and gas for something so small, but I don t want to ignore it if it is something serious.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012