Pain in the neck, choking, discomfort. Taking althea pills. Any suggestion?

Hi, Im am taking althea pill for 18 days and I am also menstruating for 18 days now. but it seems lilke its about to stop. I went to my OBGYNE yesterday and she said I just have to observe it. The thing is, I have been experiencing discomfort with my sleep. Its like theres pain in my nape and for eversince I started taking the pill I have discomfort in my neck, its like I neck is getting bigger but it seems that its not, I feel like im choking everytime. i told my doctor about my discomforts but she didnt say anything about it. Please help
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
May 2013
Some amount of menstrual irregularity can be seen with contraceptive pills.
And this will subside soon as told by your doctor.
Nausea, bloating sensation of abdomen, breast tenderness etc side effects can also be seen with the pills.
Neck pain is nonspecific symptom and may or may not be related to pill.
You can go for symptomatic treatment for few days.
Possibly this will help in decreasing the symptoms.
You can continue the pills as usual.
If the problems persist for longer period, think of changing the pill.