Pain in the leg after a fall. No broken bones. Having heartburn after taking steroid shots. Any other options?

66yr, female. fell down the stairs at home, dec. 2. hit the stairs on left side. about 1 1/2 wk. later felt a very deep pain on right leg from toes to middle of shin. saw dr. who xrayed and found no break. pain was like a heavy case of sunburn . sensitive to the touch and irregular but constant shooting stabbing pains. dr. wanted to put me in a boot but i said no. got a shot of steriod and given a 5 day supply of steriod. gabapentin was also pres. but causes serious heartburn. have been taking advil but does not really work. found out that aloe vera gel for sunburn :sometimes helps but the shooting and stabbing pain returns and has continued to this date. wont let me sleep any help?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013