Pain in the finger at knuckle due to pulling pressure. What could it be?

I was pulling something from the back of my truck with my fingers- three fingers slipped so the middle finger took all the pulling pressure- then I heard a pop, yes literally heard the noise. it was cold out and I didn't have much sensation in my hands but knew I had done something. Now at home 6+ hours later, the pain that started in the finger is not going away.It is predominantly on the bottom of the finger as it enters the knuckle that attaches that finger to my hand. Squeesing the top and bottom of the finger close to the knuckle gently produces a sharper pain. Otherwise there is a dull throb. I have not lost any motion in the finger, but have lost some range, mainly trying to make a fist. Any ideas on what I've done to myself?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

The sound may be due to release of joint or due to soft tissue injury. The pain may be due to injury to tendons or ligaments. Since all movements are normal and fisting is problem, dont repeat or handle your finger again and again. Take warm compression, Tab Aceclofenac with seratiopeptidase and local diclofenac spray. Get one x ray done if no improvement and consult your doctor for examination and management.
Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit MD