Pain in the elbow and upper arm after strain. Suffering from anxiety. Will the pain worsen?

Hello, I recently had a baby well he is 4 months old now. I do hold him a lot and my arm my right arm has become rather weak, also my hand started hurting 2 days ago. Now pain is in my elbow and upper arm going into my breastbone. Do you know what this could be? Also I suffer with anxiety could this make my problem worse? B
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

It seems that you have suffered a sprain of the arm and elbow. Such minor sprains usually take 7-10 days to resolve. Anxiety can worse the problem.

1. Give enough rest to your arm muscle. Avoid workouts and lifting weights with the arm till acute pain subsides completely.
2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen. You can consult your orthopedician for prescriptions.
3. Hot compresses to your arm will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
This should slowly subside with hot fomentation and proper relaxation

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.