Pain in the center of chest, in left shoulder and arm or shoulder blades. Can I wait for stress test scheduled days later ?

I am a 41 year old female. I have been experiencing pain in the center of my chest and on occasion in my left shoulder and arm or shoulder blades on and off for over two weeks. Does not increase upon exertion. EKG at PCP's office didn't show anything significant. They are setting me up for a stress test (will be a few days before it is scheduled) but I was told to go to ED for pain came back. This is a daily occurance anymore...I had going to the Emergency Room if it is not an emergent situation. Should I just wait for the stress test?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013