Pain in the back, stiffness in neck. Difficulty in moving the head. Need to see a doctor?

Hello, I developed a pain in my lower left side of my back and then the next day I developed a sever stiffness in my neck , so severe that it hurt to move my head on the pillow. I was also a little hot and sweaty. My neck was very stiff for approx 24 hours and then it eased off. I am much better today. I still have some back pain and my neck is still not fully right but I am able to move it from side to side and lie down without much pain. I am wondering what the cause of my condition was as I did not injure myself in any way which I can recall and am wondering if I should see my G.P. although I feel much better.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012